Thursday, August 19, 2010

So Flustered!

So yesterday I get a call at work that the Biggest Lil Monster cut her "leg" Well from all the screaming in the background I thought it was her leg. I dashed home on what I hoped would be a few moments of my lunch hour to discover she had SLICED the top of her index finger on the leg of a metal folding chair ...see I knew leg was in there somewhere!

The gushing had stopped by the time I had made it home and she was refusing to move or let any look at it...so off we were to the hospital because with the quick peak I had it look kinda bad.

We waited 4 hours to see the Dr who just took a quick glance and said "Yah it could use a stitch or 2 but I don't think she like it so we'll just tape it." So the Nurse comes to "tape it" and as my poor baby is grossed out by blood and scared she was crying the nurse says "your creating a lot of fuss over nothing!"

OKAY BREATH....SIDE NOTE....I have the UTMOST RESPECT in Nurse's, Doctor's and all people who generally deal with all things I consider gross...As I was having both c-section's I insited that they take the baby and wipe her off so I didn't see any gook! OKAY BACK TO THE RANT

SHE's 3!!! The cut is almost half way across her little biggest finger and FYI SHE'S 3 and we have been here for 4 hours and she missed her nap!!! Okay so we got taped up as I told her it would be okay and gave her a ton of kisses (yah so I slide in the "yah a hospital can be a scary place when your only 3" while looking at the nurse) And off we went...NO Instruction's finger starts to bleed again on the way to the parking lot...so we go back...Nurse Grouchy Pants is Visibly upset that I may have a question and when I ask what should I do so that she's not bleeding all over the place she says you can put a band aid....nope one was not provided...
We get home and go to put another band aid on it (BARBIE!!) and she start pouring blood all over the place...sigh Now mommy's really mad I call tele health (which is fantastic!) and they say yah you should go have it looked at but you can go into a clinic....SOOOOOOO off we go again this time to an after hours clinic located in a hospital just in case (They say a mother always knows right!)

So we get taken right in at the after hours and and he looks at it and says "you might be better off with a stitch but that's not what worries me...does her finger always bend like that?" WTF...okay so now we need and xray...so off we go to wait another 4.5 hours and then have an Xray and a huge bandage and a followup with a plastics clinic in 1 weeks time...Like I said WTF...

So shout out to the awesome hard working Dr's and Nurse's at Scarborough Grace I'm not mad that when I came to ask 4 hours later what was going on that they couldn't find us in the system (but they did rush us through really quick after that and the Dr was super nice Lil monster loved him eventhough there was no lolli pop)... The people at the Plastic's clinic who already had my appointment ready this morning when I called in...The guy in the waiting room who never noticed his shirt was sticking out of his zipper...The Xray guy who tried to pick a fight for putting my kid at the end of the bed while she was waiting to get bandaged...The Tim Horton's guy that with a little flirting gave me a coffee even though they were closed I won't tell that you may have pocketed the money I gave you...But most of all the parking at both hospital may you put my $16.00 each to good use!

No comments:

Post a Comment