Tuesday, May 4, 2010

We have an Outbreak!

So Lil Monster is home from preschool with a fever, cough and an infection...so I call preschool to let them know she would not be coming in and they emailed me later in the day to say that we needed a Dr's note to return as there are 3 other kids with the same thing which means they have an outbreak. Extra steps are being taken to make sure that it does not spread any further and then they apologised! I'm in awe I knew once we started school that we would see a increase in illness but I am completely comforted by the fact that they are taking the extra steps.  I mean you always hope that when a stranger is watching your baby (no matter how old your baby is) that they will do everything in there power to make sure that they are well taken care of but it's the love that you feel when they are genuinely concerned about the children not just because it's there job to care but it's because they love what they do!

I recently found a job where I enjoy going into work everyday! Yes Everyday!! The actual work I enjoy but the people I love, they are a great group of ladies that we share many laughs and stories with! In my past I had a job that I really did hate (I would cry on Sunday nights knowing that I had to go into work on Monday) but it's funny how quick you can look over the fact that you have a good job, or that we really do spend more time at our workplace and with our co-workers then we do with our families.

So we might as well enjoy it! The plan... I'm going to spend more time with the co-workers during lunch no more facebook, email, I'm just going to enjoy them!

2 comments:

  1. just started following you today!
    love your blog and your new lunchtime resolutions!

    happy day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurie -- I have given you the Sunshine Award on my blog!!

    The day is beautiful -- enjoy the sun!

    come on over and take a look!

    ReplyDelete